The Sleep Business Conference, November 2023

It was an absolute pleasure to gather together to celebrate women with sleep businesses on Saturday 11th November, 2023. We travelled from all corners of the country to meet at Hilton Heathrow Terminal 5, and, wow, was it worth the journey!

They say don’t let teachers gather socially or they’ll start talking shop… Well, I think it’s safe to say that this is also true for coaches in the sleep space! It is an honour and a privilege to share space with these incredible women and their sleep coaching businesses. To be a part of this inspirational day was nothing short of miraculous. Not least of which were the guest speakers who joined the event: Kath Hill, Fran Brown and Lucy Shrimpton, who took us through three crucial areas of any business – mindset, marketing and momentum.

Becoming a sleep consultant is about being passionate about the role of sleep in healthy child development. But it’s ALSO about having a meaningful impact on the world whilst working flexible hours, having full autonomy, doing something you love and making a difference. 

Owning your own business can be lonely though, which is why I am so grateful to be a Sleep Nanny Certified Partner. To be part of the UK’s largest and fastest growing sleep coaching franchise has meant that I am not alone. I am now part of a spectacular, professional community of mumpreneurs and business women. I am benefiting from experiences and opportunities I wouldn’t have had otherwise. Being part of the conference is no exception.

The biggest takeaway for most delegates was the power of mindset. In any business, strategy only makes up 20% of what gets results. Mindset makes up the other 80%! This means that you could be the best copywriter, the most talented coach, a highly skilled social media influencer and STILL struggle in your business if your mindset is not in the right place. 

Understandably, this particular fact surprised so many of those who attended. Adele shared why this shocked her: “I thought it was all about hustle and graft but it isn’t. Ultimately, it’s about how you show up for your business and the attitude you take. You can learn the strategy easily enough!”

But having the right mindset isn’t just about thinking positively. It’s about being able to find the value and lessons from failure. It’s about showing up as your next level self everyday. It’s about not allowing fear to stop you from having courage and taking risks.

Kerry said: “’Feel the fear and then do it anyway’ was so powerful and it really spoke to me. If we allow fear to hold us back then we wouldn’t achieve anything! It really hit me when Kath asked us to imagine what would happen if babies were too scared to try walking for the first time. I had never thought of it in that way before.”

The energy in the room on Saturday was electric. Fears were challenged. Comfort zones were stretched. Everyone came away with a powerful inspiration and motivation to take the next, big, scary step in their business…with confidence!